If there’s one thing I learned in 2017, its that I’m not very good at predictions. Lets see if I can do better in 2018. My predictions for the year ahead:
1. The province of Alberta will commit to funding more than 65 per cent of the costs of the regional waterline from Calgary to Okotoks. The condition will be that it needs to be sufficient for other municipalities to tie into when needed, which is what was always planned on.
2. Legal cannabis retail stores will be open for business in Okotoks, Turner Valley, Black Diamond, Longview and Bragg Creek.
3. Federal and provincial governments will introduce additional subsidies to encourage people to install solar panels on their homes and businesses.
4. Canada will win gold in both men’s and women’s hockey at the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang South Korea.
5. The Calgary Stampeders will win the Grey Cup.
6. Above average rainfall in the spring will cause flooding and property damage in low-lying areas along the Sheep, Highwood and Elbow rivers.
7. Price of oil will reach $75 per barrel at some point in the year.
8. New houses will be available for purchase in the new D’Arcy Ranch neighbourhood and the new Wind Walk neighbourhood in Okotoks.
9. The Okotoks Oilers will win the Alberta Junior Hockey League championship.
10. Construction will begin on the new public school adjacent to 32 Street in north Okotoks.